IV Sedation Instructions
If you will be having intravenous (IV) sedation along with your surgery, please follow the instructions below. Failure to adhere to the instructions may result in cancellation of the surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything (not even water) for at least 8 hours prior to the appointment.
- Wear a short sleeved shirt as a blood pressure cuff will be placed on your arm.
- Visit the restroom a half hour before your appointment.
- Be sure a responsible person comes with you on the day of your appointment. If you are under 19 years of age, this person must be your parent or guardian. It is necessary for this person to remain at our office during your appointment as well as drive you home.
- Plan for someone to remain with you for at least 4 hours following surgery.
- Following surgery, do not drive a car or operate power equipment (i.e. lawn mowers, tractors, power tools, etc.) for 24 hours.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these instructions, please call our office at (402) 483-7631.